Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Refiner's Fire

Photobucket

1 Peter 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

.
Dec 29th, 2009 was a day our family sought to bring praise and honour and glory to God! As we stood there on the cold winter night watching the flames and smelling the smoke faced with complete and total loss we realized how blessed we were. We have never been overly wealthy. Never had an immense amount of possessions worth anything. That night though we realized what was important. My parents and us kids were together. We were able to cry together, laugh together and just BE together.
Over the last year there have been so many hardships. I have watched my mom cry over not having a toaster. We have at times suddenly realized that items we forgot about are lost forever. Our family tradition on Christmas Eve is to fondue. This Christmas, my dad realized we didn't have a fondue pot. We have struggled to piece things together little by little. Tonight my parents sleep in their NEW HOUSE. A beautiful house, but what we truly realized over this last year is OUR HOME is truly where our heart is.
My parent's have been through so many trials. I often wonder what more they can endure. Mother Theresa once said, "I know God will never give us more than we can handle, I just wish He didn't trust me so much." I know that God takes tragedy and makes triumphs. I wish I understood the entire reasons God allows us to endure pain but I don't. I do know that He has used my parents to share His love in a community. He has allowed my parents strength to be used in a mighty way to show people God in a little town. I have heard so many people comment on there strength and how incredible they are. I still wish I had the picture hanging in the dining room, but each day it gets easier. Loosing all your possessions makes you appreciate family more, makes you appreciate love more, and makes you appreciate your community more. Thank you to everyone over the last year who has given! We appreciate everyone so much!

1 comment:

  1. You are fabulous! Love the post, and the picture of smiles in front of ruin. :)

    ReplyDelete